Thursday, October 25, 2012

The Famed Croissant

The long weekends are here!! :) It doesn't seem very significant to me with G away, but I'm sure everyone else is looking forward to this! Thankful that this year, we've got a couple of long weekends ;) I'm here to share more brunch places and I hope that my past posts have been of help to those seeking reviews, or refreshing places to check out. Granted that I haven't been to them all, but I'm slowly ticking them off my list and I really miss my food-partner-in-crime :( 

I'm sure Tiong Bahru Bakery isn't a strange name to many out there. Word has gotten to many about their famed croissant. Of course we both had to have it! As we haven't had lunch, we've ordered a few of their other items to hopefully fill up our tummies. 






We've ordered the Croissant, Squid Ink Burger, Smoked Salmon Burger, and this other peculiar sounding pastry (the description said something about salted cameral!). The winner for us? The peculiar sounding pastry! Apologies on not taking down the name for y'all, but it should be easy to spot! ;) 

Sadly, the Croissant didn't quite live up to our expectations. But in fairness, we had it the last, after all our burgers and whatnot, so we might be a little too full to make a proper judgement. The taste is a little on the heavy side. Quite enough to make your tea-time meal filling. I'd love to try it again, perhaps this time, the Chocolate Croissant? :)




I didn't quite like the Smoked Salmon Burger because it had wayyyy too much rockets. But then again it could just be me because I'm not a vege fan. The squid ink burger however, is definitely worth a try ;)





I have a weakness for pretty coffee!!









So what was your experience with the Croissants? Yay or nay? :)


Tiong Bahru Bakery
56 Eng Hoon Street
#01-70


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment