Monday, October 14, 2013

Phuket Trippin Part II

Phuket has her own charm, and I absolutely love the laidback life here. Away from the hustle & bustle of the city life I'm accustomed to. Days 3 & 4 had us exploring more of the island, eating more and lazed around while the car gets us places. We hardly walked! Haha. #severelyinneedofagoodworkout

Here's a compilation of the last set of photos from my lovely birthday vacation.




We chanced upon a weekend market while driving and so glad that we stopped and have a look around. Tried some of the local street food and it was uber cheap & good! Could almost eat more but we were waiting to go for our Mookata dinner so can't fill up so much space with snacks!

The food was made with very simple ingredients, but the combination of flavours and tastes were simply good! Looking back, I wished we had bought more of it and hoping to head back there again someday.












I needed a restroom badly so... we stopped at a nearby tourist attraction, Fantasea. Hahaha. And nope, we weren't one bit interested, but G captured a few interesting photos there!



Onwards to dinner! We had another Mookata place in mind but we took so long just to find it and when we eventually did, it was completely empty. It made us a little skeptical to try. But... we spotted another place just down the street of the initial restaurant, and G had a strong hunch that it's pretty legit since there were a few locals dining there. So I eventually relented and got ourselves a table!



The lady boss speaks Canto, and spoke a little to G. While I completely don't understand their conversation being a non-canto, I smiled and nodded at appropriate times. It was a charcoal mookata and I liked it better that way because it felt more authentic, and there was fresh produce on a buffet table for us to take.


The chilli sauces were DA BOMBZ. I loved it!









Everything was fresh, well marinated, and so so yummy. We ate our fills that night, and went back smelling of BBQ. No regrets there! They also had homemade chocolate ice-cream which was just what we needed to end off the night of feasting. I'd definitely want to head there again if we go back to Phuket. On my Must-Go list for sure!!


I was really sad that our Phuket trip came and went by so fast. I'd usually get quite emotional on the last night, and made sure we cherished every single & last moments on the wonderful island. Packed our luggages, and checked out from our villa. Loaded the bags into our car and went off and about on our last day :(



G wanted to do a little adventurous driving on the last day and we ended up exploring the south again. It was a good & sunny day, and we spotted a jetty, so we parked and set off to take some photos!






Someone's attempting a #selfie







Hehehe, yes we did a little mini photoshoot there! I love this picture of G! :D 





Watched some locals catching some fish & scrapping for barnacles or shellfishes? I'm not too sure!

We headed for some brunch at a place near Phuket Town called The Gallery. Such cafes/restaurants are up & coming, so cool that they are catching on there!










We ordered 3 brunch dishes to share between ourselves, so can you imagine how stuffed we were after that? Hahaha, goodness, we really are greedy people! I'm very thankful that they kept the prices reasonably low and though the plating and presentation wasn't fantastic, the food was surprisingly good.

After a hearty brunch, it was a much-needed massage, and time to scoot off to the airport. It was a fantastic & timely holiday because I was feeling the burnout from work.

I'm extremely blessed to have G, the love of my life, and how he takes care of me in his own little ways. He doesn't do it extravagantly, nor lavishly. He does it in ways that I really need, and that's enough for me. Thank you for a great birthday trip! I think it's catching on now... Scooting off for our birthdays are slowly becoming the greatest gifts we can ever give each other! <3

1 comment:

  1. Hi, may I know where did you have the Mookata? Can you give a brief description of how to get there please

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete