Wednesday, March 5, 2014

New Kid on the Bloc+

My tresses are extremely important to me. As a model for my own webstore, it's important to take extra care of my hair because I frequently curl it for shoots / events, or even during special occasions. Besides the frequent damage I do to it, it's also essential for me to maintain my mane by trimming it often. 

I am extremely guilty of not being diligent enough to care for my tresses by giving it the frequent trims to help it to grow healthily. But now, I don't have to worry about my hair because I am now in the very good hands of BLOC+, my new hair salon sponsor, with Celia as my hair stylist! 

BLOC+, a young new salon has just popped up in the districts of Katong, and lies just opposite i12 Katong! Just a walk away from Katong's famous eats & cafes, it's extremely well located if you'd ask me. It's so easy to grab a bite nearby, or go for meals right after your appointments. 

You wouldn't miss BLOC+ the salon with its raw industrial & minimalist design that transcends from the decor, to the furniture. The decor of the salon is enough to capture my attention, and make my visit so pleasant! I must say, a lot of meticulous thought went into curating this space to make it boast of an old school charm.





The salon also has superb lighting! :D My hair is especially flat & limp here because I haven't washed it yet, heehee.


My bag was placed in this super cute vintage trunk! What a nice touch.


And they serve green tea toooo! My favourite :P

After being ushered to my seat, I was given a hot towel, and some hand cream to moisturise my hands. This is the first time I've experienced such warm service even before anything is done to my hair! The service is really meticulous and I am sure a lot of women out there would love such pampering treatments.


My Before hair: Straight, limp, and the length of my hair weighs my tresses down to make it very flat.

Celia mentioned to me that Caucasians have really fine hair, just like me, but perhaps a little bit finer, but they make it up for it in terms of volume (of hair). Asians stereotypically have coarser hair. But well, look at me, I'm the worst of both worlds. Fine hair, and little volume to make up for it. >.< #womenwoes

Only a few would understand how difficult it is to style such hair!

Hence, Celia suggested that I should better layer my hair to give my hair the illusion of more volume, which is done by cleverly layering without shedding too much length. I also did toning under her recommendation, to give my tresses a richer color to make my hair look healthier! I completely trust Celia and put the fate of my hair in her hands! :)


Done with the application & now to wait for it to set in!


Oh & yes, did you know BLOC+ offers a complimentary eye gel mask treatment for you with any chemical treatment done! I had it on for me the entire time my hair was being shampooed :P and the head massage was sooo long & good! It wasn't just a few rubs on your head, really, much much longer than any other salon I've experienced before. Thumbs up for a salon that goes all out to pamper their customers!

After my hair was washed, it was time for the hair cut! My hair was very swiftly cut by the nimble hands of Celia and very quickly, a new hair shape was emerging before my eyes. But the magic truly happens during blow dry. I can never, ever blow dry my hair like salons do. The way they meticulously dry it out, section by section while curling it at the same time... wow.


This is the end result!!!! The color is superrrrr gorgeous. It really makes me feel like a diva! Such a understated color that's not over the top loud, but adding on such a lovely tint of deep red.

Celia also gave me a lot of advice as to how to volumize my hair, and the products that would help me to do so. My hair really is quite tricky to manage, so I really took note of the advice she gave! ;) The products used were Original & Mineral's Rootalicious which was sprayed on my roots before blow dry, and Wella's Shimmer Delight Spray on my ends after the blow dry is done. The Shimmer Delight Spray is especially good for fine hair because serums which are used to help your hair shine, would weigh fine hair down because of the oil. There, valuable advice shared to everyone who's sharing the same woes!

BLOC+ also carries Original & Mineral products too, which is my new hair product sponsor and I've received so many goodies to try. Will share more about the various products soon! :)


I could have cam-whore endlessly with my new hair that I really love, but felt really paiseh because I don't usually do too much of it in public hehe! Yes, I really don't!


Just another picture to show you the volume from the products and the blow dry! I wish I can walk out of my house with salon styled hair everyday *.*


After being outside in the sun, wind, & the humidity for a few hours, this is what I came home with! The soft waves are gone, but the volume of my hair is still there. It will be especially hard for me to achieve such magnificent volume every day so I took as many pictures as I can to document this, hee.





I met G for a few minutes after my hair appointment and before he headed off to school, and he loves my new hair too! Thumbs up from the boyfriend! 




I love my new color and my new hair shape! 
Yay to a fresher look and a lighter crop of hair which will hopefully be more manageable! ;) 

Thank you BLOC+ for the wonderful (pampering) service and my fresh new look! 
BLOC+ has very kindly provided a discount code for my readers!

Here's how you can experience their magic first hand: 
Like BLOC+'s Facebook Page and receive a 20% discount off all hair services ;) 


462 Joo Chiat Road
Singapore 427674
Tel No.: 64400316

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! First off, I wanted to say, I'm in love with your blog and with your fashion line (lace&ebony). I think it's just goregeous! And I only just stumbled on your blog 10 minutes ago! All I did was search on google images "dress broad shoulders" and I saw one of your photos from one of your other blog post. Are you filipino? :)

    I also wanted to ask, what camera do you use? Waiting for your reply!

    ReplyDelete