Monday, July 2, 2012

New York City: Part Cinq

Day 8: 2nd last day in the Big Apple, and I haven't eaten Mac & Cheese! Haha totally unacceptable! G & I started looking for a decently rated Mac & Cheese place on Yelp, and came across this place, Mac Bar! They only serve Mac & Cheese so they gotta be doing it right, right? :p It was a small little place with only two-three tables and a few seatings. We realised that most customers do take-aways (apparently quite a popular culture - akin to Singaporean's dapaoing from hawker centres/foodcourts).





We ordered Mac Reuben (corned beef), Mac Quack (duck) & Mac Lobsta (lobster). Seriously, we are two people eating three people's portions. Tell me how indulging this is! Our favourites are the Mac Quack & Mac Lobsta. We especially love the sauces that went along with it. So much goodness!



After a heavy lunch, we headed towards north to the 9/11 memorial site and the Statue of Liberty.



Looking at this sculpture that was saved from the 9/11 destruction really stirred up some emotions... :(



Looking at the Statue of Liberty from afar. I don't know why we didn't take the ferry over to the Island! I'm not sure if 1) We can't go up the Statue due to renovations 2) Didn't want to spend on the ferry 3) I was SO COLD. Haha, anyhow, it gives us another chance to check it out in the future! :)












Seek respite in Trinity church from all the traveling and witnessed a wedding rehearsal... aww!






Met up with Dan & Grace for dinner at one of their favourite restaurants, Nook! It was really cosy (tables at close proximity to each other haha), but the food was sooo good! We really loved it, especially the dessert, goshhh! Shall let the food and pictures speak for themselves!









Headed to Brooklyn to check out the night view from Brooklyn Bridge! Again, I was rushing G a lot because of the chilly winds... I need shelter! So we couldn't really enjoy the views peacefully... but whatever we saw was lovely! I heard the day view is equally delightful. Wish I could see that!






It's ironic how we stopped for some ice-cream after I am already freezing. Fight poison with poison! Haha! This was a decision I didn't regret. The ice-cream was so good! It was the sort of ice-cream that tastes good without frivolous flavours. We tried Vanilla chocolate chunk & wowww. Simple, creamy, good! :)





I hope the New York posts haven't become long and draggy! :( I apologize for the many pictures and if they lag! These experiences have become a milestone in my life and it's really a pity to not share some of the wonderful food places, and experiences that I've had in one of my favourite cities. One more entry left!


The updates on my blog can get a little slow... but I'm very much alive on Twitter & Instagram (littlemissann / laceandebony) so follow me if you haven't! :)


xx


No comments:

Post a Comment