Thursday, January 17, 2013

Another day, another battle

Every week before CNY is like battling a work monster! It's especially hectic when it creeps closer. It can be busier, and I know I am up to it! Bring it on!! (Mental prep) The first collection from Lace & Ebony has already been launched *throws confetti* You can check it out here! Although the first isn't very Oriental-ish, we are looking into bringing in more CNY appropriate wear. 

I'm very reluctant to bring in Cheongsams because honestly mine sits in the wardrobe and rots forevermore :/ Unless someone has a Oriental theme party or wedding, but I'm passed the year of themed parties, so... my dress will continue rotting!



After being back from the land of exorbitantly priced Asian food, I've developed an insane craving of Japanese cuisine! G & I both love Itacho's lunch set and grabbed at a chance to have the lunch there together!



More L&E shoots!



My favourite dress from the last collection (:



Dinner at Wine Co with the boy after Les Miserables. I love the movie and the songs a lot, but for a musical to be translated into a movie without any intermission, it really felt very long :(



The beauty of Nature. Snapped during the shoot with Melvin from Multifolds for Pearlavish's lookbook. Isn't the sight amazing?



Being an entrepreneur and doing what I love, really isn't all that easy. There are millions of obstacles to overcome and "stigma" from the older generation. I believe most people in my generation understand how being your own boss and having your own start-up is a great thing. Doing something you love ought to be applauded, than mocked. This is a path that you have to carve on your own, with your own two hands. It isn't like any other career out there that has its path already paved for you. I chose to deviate from a normal cushy job, and every day I wake up stressed, but happy. It's the kind of happiness that I can find nowhere else in the working world. I'm a strong advocate of doing what you love, a pursuer of happiness.

Why I say "stigma" is because, I've faced many disappointments from my parents when they first knew about it. Gradually they bent, and now are so graciously supportive. I am truly grateful for that and because I know, they have always been supportive of me pursuing what I love to do. (I chose to do Fashion after Secondary, I am still continuing to do Fashion) People of the older generation with a traditional mindset might think that, "Aiya, when she's done playing, she'll find a proper job". I'm sorry to disappoint you but no. I wake up everyday telling myself that I am going to make this work. I'm going against all odds and will show you that I'm gonna make this work. Of course, there's the advice of, "Don't listen to how these people judge, just do your best.". I can turn a deaf ear to them, but when they are people whom I love, it will definitely hurt.

A year on, it gets a little tougher and a little easier. I fall, I hurt, but I learn. It's a continuous journey of making mistakes and learning. I remember a friend of mine relating to me about his business, and the many many mistakes that he's made during the course of it. The most important thing is that you don't make the same mistakes twice. My only hope in the new year is that I'll continue to grow and bring along my business to new heights.

I think no one knows my problems, stress and worries as much as G does. His ears are definitely accustomed to hearing me rant (haha)! He provides support during shoots, and for that, I am infinitely thankful for this pillar in my life. One that I know I can lean on, cry on, hold on to. (: And also a shout-out to my dearest friends (you know who you are!!) who have supported me by buying an apparel! And/or, helping me with the back-end, or just simply giving me moral support with words & encouragement. The people I've met along the way are also really helpful & friendly and I thank them for making this journey a litte easier with their help.


Another day, another battle.

No comments:

Post a Comment