Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The new beginning

HELLO 2013! :D

I am psyched to start off the new year with a new beginning. Last year has been quite a year, and I can't be more thankful for the many blessings I've received, the many opportunities granted to me and Lace & Ebony, and the strength for me to pull through the many obstacles that made me a much stronger person. I am also happy to say that I'll try as much to resume blogging, in a way that I used to and a way that I love.

I've ended 2012 and started 2013 with a man that has stood by me during the difficult times and loved me through the good. I remember turning to him one day and telling him, "We made it B, we made it through the 3 months.". It was a crazy trying period for us during his exchange, and it has definitely made us more resilient. Because of this, I've also managed to take on one more adventure before the year ended. It was my first time spending Christmas & New Year away from my family and even though it was fun to be wherever I was, it also felt a little empty without my dearest people beside me. Didn't let that damper my spirits as I usher in my favourite holidays!!

Set off with a super crazy heavy luggage. I don't know how and why but my luggage is always so heavy! :( Thankful for a safe flight with Emirates. It sucks traveling long-haul alone, but I'm lucky to get an hour plus transit at Dubai. Touched down and was greeted with this!!! <3


The weather was lovely! Cold, but lovely. Madrid is the highest capital in Europe, so inevitably the temperatures can drop. But nevertheless, the weather was a cool respite from Singapore's weather! Pretty autumn leaves are everywhere.



On our way to a nice French dinner that G specially reserved for us.



Look at the big bottle we make ourselves drink hahaha.


Dinner at this quaint and really small restaurant, The Old Lion. Known for their French cuisine! Pardon the purple lighting in all the pictures!






We ordered some escargots (super yums!!), and we shared this beef fondue! We each had a quite a huge platter of beef, with a variety of sauces to dip our beef in. The chef demonstrates how to cook the beef in our boiling pot of olive oil. Within 1 minute, our chunk of beef is ready to eat! The oil splatters out quite a bit sometimes. But the cut of beef is really tender!! :D





 Our sauces include Cheese, tomato mayo, curry, mustard & tartar sauce.



Meet Rex, an adorable Catalan sheepdog mix breed! His eyes look a bit scary at first, but his personality would win you over! Such a sweetheart. I was so excited to meet him cos G has been telling me so much about Rex!





Cuddling up with me in the car! <3 <3 <3 We were on a road trip to a mountain near Madrid, Navacerrada, hoping to catch some snow. Thanks to his lovely hosts, we had the pleasure of them showing us around and driving us up the mountain on a weekend. And YAYYY so happy there was snow that weekend! It's my first time seeing snow in 22 years :D It was really really cold though. 2 layers of coats so we really looked like stuffed up bears, lol!







Rex really really loves the snow! He keeps running around. Happy boy!




 The kindest people who showered G & I with so much hospitality. Thank you both!



Walking stick hahahaha, the snow is really slippery and we were hiking and trekking around a bit.




 <3


We headed to a nearby town, El Escorial, as evening drew near. I love the architecture!


No guesses on what I was doing...










Can't tell you how much I love the sights. It's such a refreshing change from being in the city.






Sunday mass at the Cathedral of Madrid. The cathedrals in Europe are so breathtaking. I stood there in awe, admiring the majestic decorations. Even though masses are conducted in Spanish and can't understand a word, it's nice to sit and take in the amazing cathedrals. We visited another church which is nearby, called the Royal Basilica. No pictures allowed inside but that church was just... wow. It now stands as the most amazing church I've ever seen in my life. 












Walked on to Plaza Mayor, where Christmas markets were set up and life was bustling! 











A must go if you head to Madrid! Yummy churros & hot chocolate. Absolutely the best thing to warm you up on a winter day!






Street performers everywhere in Madrid. Lively scenes (:


To be continued...
(More photos will be uploaded on my FB album so watch out for that hehe!)





Lace & Ebony is launching our first CNY collection of 2013 tomorrow night! 
Previews (more pictures) will be up here later tonight ;)





2 comments:

  1. Hi Angela! Is your hair colour reddish brown or red? Where do you normally dye your hair? Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's actually called Lavender Brown! I do my hair at Salon Vim, love it there! :)

    ReplyDelete