Saturday, January 19, 2013

The first step

It's a little over mid January now, and boy does time fly by! It's so scary how I've just landed back home at the start of January, to the craziest busiest month before Chinese New Year. But yes, busy is good. I just need to make adequate time to rest and be well for CNY. 

So this is what I've been waiting for, for a while now. My own label!!!! :D My very very own Lace & Ebony! It really really is my baby. People around me can attest to it. I protect it strongly and go all out for it. Despite all the crazy complications that came along with it, I'm so glad to get them in pictures, and hopefully online soon. Here's some teasers for youu! (Sorry if it's all over my twitter/instagram, bear with me okay? (: )




We did a outdoor shoot with Smittenpixels Photography last week. Behind that camera is the sweetest girl with talent to boot. Fiona is so so lovely and I'm very thankful & honoured to be able to work with her for this CNY shoot. Been secretly admiring her photography work for the longest time, hehe. 

Check out the amazing vintage props and some behind the scenes photos that G captured both on my photo and his DSLR!



His breakfast... which I'm very jealous of :( No time to eat but see what he's enjoying!! Hahaha.



There were... a lot of people staring and snapping away with their phone cameras. Why?! First time I've encountered this (and not during other outdoor shoots). Felt so awkward knowing that they are snapping away. Haha, maybe I've conned them into thinking I'm a celebrity doing a shoot. Maybe it's just the red lips glammed-up look, hahaha.




SEEEEEE??? Photographer-ception!


G happily showed me this picture, and I stared at it for a good 10 seconds before giving him the puzzled look. Then, he pointed out the bird in the middle of the photo, and exclaiming how good this shot was because he captured the bird. I was like.... -.- Haha, he's seriously silly sometimes! 












I don't remember what we were laughing about, maybe one of my unglam shots haha!

It was a very relaxing shoot and after 2 hours plus, it's a wrap! (: Thankful for the weather for holding up, and for the monsoon season to only hit from Friday. Thanks to G to take time out to accompany me for the shoot. An extra pair of hands makes a lot of difference, and for that, I'm eternally grateful to you <3 

I'll post up the lookbook when it's all up!

For now the preview for the next collection is available here.



And yes, win home a VanityTrove with us this CNY!
More details available here: http://www.facebook.com/laceandebony

Wish I've gotten one for myself to play with! :( Kinda love the surprises & variety in the box each month. Some products really are a keeper (from my last few purchases with VT)! 



Okay, I'm sorry, besides pictures of L&E (and myself), I really have none to post. Too busy with work to go on a proper food-hunting date :( Holding out & saving up for good food places too. 


Europe pictures will be up once I've cleared through most of this month! (:



Here's a teaser though. The amazing Crystal Palace in Madrid. Thinking back, even as much as I do mention (and grouse about) the incidents that marred our trips, there were so many amazing moments that I will forever remember and keep etched in my heart. The feeling of being so free and prancing around attractions and parks, hand in hand with your loved ones - Priceless. We will learn from our past experiences, and make the next one, so much better! (:



Last but not the least,
G wanted to try some cinemagraphs so we did a little something during our shoot. 
They are actually still photographs where a minor action occurs. Pretty cool right!
Check it out (: (:





xx

No comments:

Post a Comment