Friday, September 21, 2012

Brunch are for lazy people like me!

Happy Friday! 

Well the weekends are nearing so time for a weekend brunch? :) Here's two fab brunch places I've recently checked out and love! We both love the idea of lazy mornings, and turning lunch into brunch, and especially on a weekend, this feels even more meaningful! There has been many cafes offering brunch items on their menus, but sadly, my friends have been giving feedback on some cafes not hitting the mark / living up to the hype... but most times, we've got to try for ourselves because not everything sits well with everyone. We've got our own subjective preferences, and most places don't score with every dish on their menu. So yes, got to try them for yourselves!

First up, G and I checked out Club Street Social on a fine Saturday afternoon. I'd recommend reservations, but thankfully for us, after a short wait, we've got tables. It seemed to be pretty full though! I guess everyone's probably heard about Club Street Social from the influential bloggers (that's how I learn about most places too heehee!), and I love the interior! Reminds me so much of Manhattan and I miss it terribly :(







G ordered Bacon & Egg Panini and I settled for the Truffle Egg Toast. We love both dishes, and I love my Truffle Egg Toast especially! It totally hit the spot with the truffle taste, egg, cheese and bread. Everything went so well together, gosh!! 





Greedy us went for the dessert as well. Nutella Bread Pudding. How to resist??? :D

I found the dessert pretty good. Not "wow", but decent and worth a try!! 






Hahahaha doing a little *twirl* for G :P


__________


On another weekend, we headed to somewhere near us, in the East! So glad for such brunch places in the East if not everything else is pretty far in town. Chock Full of Beans



He ordered the Portobello with Poached Eggs, and I went for Smoked Salmon with Poached Eggs. They have cooler dish names but I forgot! :( 

Our breakfast was pretty decent, and a brunch place that you should try if you're craving for brunches. It isn't exceptionally exciting, but to me, it's like good ol' brunch (if you get what I mean)! I heard their coffee art is amazing, so do try their coffee when you're there! 







I love the Jacquin Floral Peplum Top!! Flew off the selves and on the online store. I know you can't quite see much of the design here but it's all over my Facebook and Instagram. Lace & Ebony's launching a similar cut but different fabric pattern very soon! I kept that piece as well. What to doooo... the cut is too fantastic for me to say no! :P


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment