Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Skyve Elementary Bistro & Bar

Yayyy I'm updating my blog again! Haha, terribly lacking in a constant momentum to update my little space. I'm really more on Instagram (@littlemissann) so find my micro entries and updates there! :) I promise you better content hee. Here's another brunch place that G & I finally got to try. There's a never-ending list of brunch places and cafes to explore, and I'm so thankful for my foodie adventurer who's along with me on this journey. Also yes on the journey to become fatties together.

Skyve (a strong tendency to type Skype everytime I text or use the word haha), is located near Newton & Bukit Timah. On a good day when we have the car on a weekday, we headed down to try their brunch menu. I love the obscurity of Skyve, which would mean a better ambience for the restaurant despite having its downside because it would mean that it's pretty inaccessible. The decor of the restaurant is really lovely too! Would love to do a shoot there someday ;) 




The boy in the chillax "I'm-not-going-to-let-Monday-get-me-down" mood. 





Lookie at ma big bun!!! I took quite a while trying to get it up and kept pestering G with, "Look, my bun's nice right?!" Hahaha. I'm not blest with infinite volume of hair, hence having it up in a big bun is quite a feat and it make me pretty happy despite the bun actually being quite cumbersome. I can't lean back on a chair properly!


Also loving my new lipstick from Etude House. I found a great shade and discovered another great place to get affordable lipsticks from! :)



Love this shot! Credits to my amazing man.
We ordered the Ricotta Pancakes & Truffle Scrambled Eggs to share!



The texture of the pancakes is heavy because of the cheese, but I kinda like it that way! I love my pancakes both heavy and light hehe, as long as the batter itself is good. The only thing about this dish that I didn't really fancy is the butter. There's a strong and slightly overpowering taste of lemon in the butter, which I felt overwhelmed the entire taste a little. But that could just be me :P



The truffle taste on this dish is really strong and I love it like that! The dish is not bad, though I prefer my eggs a little tastier (salty). The portions seem a little small for the price we paid, so we felt really hungry after our mains. :/ 


A daylight and proper shot of my hair that day! :)

So yup, that's brunch at Skyve for you! The other main courses (non brunch) seem really interesting and they have a live band corner too, so hopefully we get a chance to try their lunch/dinner courses soooon. And hopefully the portions would seem more justified. I'm not sure if restaurants purposely set their main course portions slightly lesser these days? This happened at Au Chocolat too! I feel like I'm not as filled as I used to be back then. Or is my stomach expanding....zzzz -.-

Anyway, my favourite selects from the latest collection at Lace & Ebony!







The Rose Pink Lapel-less blazer shown here is Lace & Ebony's upcoming (co)manufactured item! It comes in midnight blue too, the color is seemingly close to black but when compared against a true black fabric, there's a slight difference. I honestly love the quality and fabric of the blazer. Not saying it just to advertise :P It was very easy to iron / steam, and when I crumpled the sleeves to roll it up for the shoot, after putting it back down to the normal length didn't leave creases on it. I remember telling G, "Omg this blazer's quality is really good! *shocked*" Hahaha. Well I'm really happy about the quality of our manufactured pieces and hope to continue to bring clothes that are off this standard for Lace & Ebony label, so do support apparel that are under our manufactured label, and of course those that are not too!! :P


No comments:

Post a Comment