Monday, July 29, 2013

The ART

Just last weekend, I enjoyed a lovely dinner together with G's family at The ART, which stands for Assumption Restaurant for Training. It's his family's second time there, while it's my first. Missed out on the first time round because of work obligations, so I was excited to head there after G told me how good the food was. It's located near Assumption English School & Boy's Town, so it's not that inaccessible, however with a car, it's definitely easier! :P

It felt like a surprise find, without the schools. The restaurant looked nice & simple, and offers alfresco dining options too. We opened a bottle of wine to share, had a 3-course dinner waiting for us!

No fancy pictures, just snapshots from my iPhone! (:


Starters began with Baked Pumpkin Soup with Chinese Chive Dumpling. The soup was really really delicious & creamy! The proportions of pumpkin & cream were perfect to make this soup so delectable. Everyone polished it off their plates, and the dumpling was quite a nice touch to the starters!





Main course was an option of Codfish with Sea Urchin Sauce or Chilled Beef with Mushroom enhanced Shallot Sauce. I went ahead with the beef since I wasn't a fan of Sea Urchin, while G chose the codfish. They didn't state which cut of beef they used but it almost tastes like a tenderloin, juicy & tender, my favourite cut of beef! They cooked it with a shade of pink towards the middle, just nice for people who prefer it medium well done. The sauce goes on well with the beef, and the mushrooms were really flavourful on their own too. Love the mushrooms! On the side was also potato slices stacked together and baked (I think!). Tried a bit of the cod fish, but I think I prefer my Chilled Beef! :P



A special dessert was served that night. Fusing Chempedak & Creme Brulee together, this makes for an extraordinary pairing! It was pretty good coming from someone who doesn't really like Chempedak, but it became a little too sweet towards the end. We were also served Coffee or Tea to end off the meal.


We had a complimentary serving of Macarons when we liked their Facebook page! :P Loved it! It's simple in its taste and comparable to macarons from Canele! TWG macarons had a bit more depth in it with it's flavour, but they definitely had to make it worth the prices we pay hehe. I haven't had a chance to try famous macaron offerings from Pierre Herme or Laduree, but I can't give a good comparison. But I loved it and I think it's enough! (: 


The ART opens for lunch and hi-tea from Mondays to Fridays, but special bi-monthly evenings will be organised with guest chefs coming in to cook. The guest chef of the night - Kelvin Low cooks for establishments like Jurong Birdpark, Singapore Zoo & Night Safari. What touched me was the earnest and sincere service of the students of Assumption Pathlight School. The students were helping in the food preparations, and the waitering services for the night. I appreciate such a platform and opportunity for the students to get hands-on experiences with actual dining services. Thumbs up to everyone! It was a good experience with genuinely good food. Don't come here expecting it to be a fancy experience, but take away all expectations and be part of the student's learning experience (:


The ART
  • 30 Cashew Road
    Singapore 679697

No comments:

Post a Comment