Monday, September 30, 2013

FreshKon Alluring Eyes

[Advertorial]

I am an avid colored contact lens user, so you can't imagine my excitement upon receiving an email regarding a FreshKon Alluring Eyes sponsor! :D It's my first time trying on FreshKon, plus, I am reviewing the 1-day disposable lenses, something that I've honestly haven't got a chance to try too. I've been wearing contact lenses since I was 14, only switching to monthly colored contact lenses at 18. Whoaaa... that's a lot of years being dependent on contact lenses!

I've chosen the FreshKon Alluring Eyes One Day Disposable lenses in Winsome Brown. I love brown lenses and how they accentuate the asian features softly. These lenses do help to create an illusion of a bigger pupil, embracing the dolly eyes that has grown so popular to girls everywhere. Not only do these contact lenses help you with your eyesight, giving you the much needed convenience for the modern woman, these come with added protection too! With UV blocking technology, the lenses help to protect your eyes as you wear them. Something that your spectacles might also help you with, but not other Korean/Japanese lenses.

Unfortunately, I have (quite severe) astigmatism, so donning on colored lenses wouldn't be able to provide me with a perfect eye sight. I would say it gives me about 75% vision, but sufficient for me to go round my normal activities. For those with high astigmatism, the colorless contact lenses would be able to help you achieve the perfect eye sight that you'll need. But vain girls are vain, so colored it is! :)





I've received a 10 day trial kit, which came in time for my Birthday trip to Phuket. Yes, double the happiness because it is going to be extremely convenient there, and would save me a step or two trying to wash my contact lenses. All I'll have to do is to open a new set and throw it away at the end of the day! *yay*


Took a selfie before doing the eye test at Paris Miki before collecting my lenses. It's a pity that I couldn't do a full accurate test at that point of time because I wore my contact lenses down and I could only wait an hour before the test would be accurate. My eyes need some time to adjust I think? But anyway I had an appointment soon after so I couldn't wait :( The consultant however did a check on the state of my eyes, and the results weren't at all good. It seems that my personal bad habits have caused my cornea / pupils (I forgot which) to dent a little, which I think is what causing the astigmatism to worsen. Hence, I need to rest my eyes more often, and probably don on my glasses more. (Which I really have been doing dilligently now! Can't play with your vital organs) I love the comprehensive service and checks at Paris Miki, thumbs up for the staff there!

It comes in a pretty natural shade of brown so I really really love it! I know brown color is not very "natural" for Asians, but it honestly isn't very stark when you look into my eyes, and it's definitely much more subtle than my usual pair.

Here are some photos taken during my Phuket trip when I was using it all day & night and very pleased how it didn't dry my eyes out or cause too much discomfort to be wearing it for long hours on a holiday! I know it isn't very healthy to wear it for long hours. The maximum is 8 hours I think! But on a holiday... it's hard to stay out only for 8 hours so... :x 






I really love how natural it looks, and knowing that it protects my eyes while I'm out in the sun, reassures me that I'm doing the most for my eyes. Plus, it's absolutely convenient for the busy modern day women, who wants fuss-free steps before going to bed to get her beauty sleep. I know the hassle of having to wash your contact lens container everyday, and make sure that your contact lenses are clean before you store them etc. It might only take a few minutes, but when you're that tired and dying to head to bed, you can save on these few steps! Also, being one day disposable lenses also means that each lens are "fresh" everyday and don't dry out like how my monthly lenses dry out! (Y) So many perks all in one product! (:

Absolutely no cons about this product, and worth the splurge if you can afford to wear dailies! I know it may be a burden to some students because of the price tag, but if you don't wear contact lenses on a daily basis, this is something you should consider. Protect your eyes at an early age to reap the benefits longer!

Thank you once again, CozyCot & FreshKon for the lenses!
They make a great and timely birthday gift, teehee! <3

2 comments:

  1. I used to use Fresh Kon back in high school!
    Nowadays I use circle lenses, which are much, much bigger in size. Some of my friends find them scary, haha.

    focusop

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Nice post, your blog post is amazing !

    I accidentally drop by your blog uninvited and found your interesting blog . The layout of your blog and information is wonderful.

    I really enjoy browsing your blog.

    Your blog post is mostly about Fashion and beauty stuff.

    If you need additional beauty ideas that enhance your eyes, making them brilliantly bright and beautiful, you may want to check out

    www.contactlensxchange.com for more exciting brand colored circle lenses.

    Enjoy and stay pretty :)

    cayumi...

    ReplyDelete