Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Olay White Radiance CelLucent White Essence

[Advertorial]

As I get older, I find myself reaching out for skincare or cosmetics with SPF. I take care of my skin a little more to lessen the exposure to the sun. With such tropical climate in Singapore, it’s harder to avoid the sun entirely so, we have to enhance our protection and use whitening products to get that glow and minimise premature dark spots, eeks!

Olay has been known for its whitening products for a long time. Yes my mom is a die-hard fan and has been using Olay for years now. #truestory I am thrilled when Cozycot approached me to write a review on the brand new product from Olay’s whitening series: White Radiance CelLucent White Essence.

Here’s my bare face. Yikes. I definitely need some product to even out my skintone!!

(Smaller picture so I won't scare you! Hahaha!)

 Introducing the Olay White Radiance CelLucent White Essence to my rescue!



I’ve been using the product for about 2 weeks now and even brought it alone on my trip to (not so sunny) Phuket in fear of occurring the sun’s wrath. Thankfully I didn’t go crazy in the sun because it rained a lot then, but it helped me skin with the change in humidity in Phuket.

Taken on the first day of Phuket and after a few days of usage. I’ve only BB cream on my face!

My revised makeup routine goes like this: Makeup remover (after a day out) – Cleanser – Toner – Serum – Moisturiser. It’s a nice addition to my routine and it gives me an added protection against environment pollutions etc.

After using my toner, I drop 2 drops of Olay’s White Radiance serum unto my clean hands and gently apply it on my face, in the directions of inside to outside. It’s of a slightly watery essence, and I really do like it this way because it’s easier to apply than to have it tug at your skin with a thicker texture. It goes on smoothly and dries out without giving you an oily face. It becomes semi-matte I would say! 




My verdict?

I love how it absorbs so well into the skin without leaving an oily residue. In such humid weather in Singapore, you really don’t want a product to add on to the shine on your face! It does its job well and honestly I can see my scars lightening up a little over time, and my general skintone even-ing out. It didn’t cause me to break out unnaturally but then again I don’t have sensitive skin. However, this is not an instant miracle performer, I guess with regular usage over months, you’ll see more whitening results and the product working its magic!

Pros:
-       Evens skin tone out and lighten scars over time
-       Doesn’t feel oily on skin after it’s absorbed
-       Doesn’t have a strong fragrance

Cons:
-       Doesn’t brighten up my face instantly/overnight
-       Takes a while to see results



Thank you CozyCot for this kind opportunity to review this product! 
Something I’m definitely adding to my regime to get fairer skin! (:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your review. Am currently searching reviews for olay white radiance and regenerist among asian tropical users. Singapore and malaysia hv same climate n weather, so i hope it works for me too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I constantly like to read a top quality content having accurate info pertaining to the subject and the exact same thing I found in this article. Nice job. กําจัดขนรักแร้

    ReplyDelete