Friday, September 27, 2013

Gift from above

I figured out that blogging short & sweet posts might be a little easier on my load because it takes up less time & I can have more updates to not make my little space stagnant and boring! I don't have a very interesting life, admittedly, so I'll do less daily posts, and I'll touch more on food places, fashion (Lace & Ebony, and my random OOTDs), and perhaps a little beauty every now and then! These are my top 3 passions and I think it's very clear to people who know me well or follow my Instagram, teehee!

But today, my post will not be on any of those three listed above. It's long overdue, but here's my 23rd birthday and 3rd Anniversary present from the sweetest boy. It's something worth blogging about, to capture in pictures & memories, and to pen down because I know G reads my blog occasionally, and I really want to thank him for the immense & dedicated effort he put to create presents for me despite being very busy himself.

My birthday and our anniversary is actually about a month apart... so... yeah, the smart boy dragged it out teehee!! But I'm really not complaining because these sincere gifts really make it all worth the wait. He is artistically talented, and draws soooo much better than me, so making such things (besides being time consuming) comes easily to him (:



Such a pretty front!

We actually bought the ring from Pandora earlier this year because I fell in love with it the first time I saw it. It's much prettier in real life (my iPhone can't capture the sparkle well), and I'm really glad we got it then because it's no longer for sale now. Also glad that we got it together so I can get it in my size! He stuck the ring in a light blue sand box, surrounded by flower pins. Such a gorgeous sight!


Ended off the back of his little gift with a personalised drawing of my favourite flower - Rose, and the way I love my "A". I love it in this font (used it for my 21st birthday), and he remembers/somehow knows. Oh and yes that's the Pandora ribbon tied to the top hehe.


Having guys hand-make your gift, really makes him one in a million. I know and am very thankful that he still does it for me whenever he can. However, he realises that I am truly running out of space in my room to display his hand-made items so... the era of such gifts might come to an end. Aww... :( But I will make it a point to capture plenty of pictures of his gifts because I treasure the tremendous effort he puts into each and every one of them. I also prefer keeping them in a box because honestly, these items do collect dust and "spoil" faster out in the open, so I want to preserve them for a little longer. Shall find a way to achieve that so that decades down the road, I can look back and reminisce the good times <3

Thank you for your truly amazing love.
I can only aspire to be half as wonderful as you are as a person,
and work towards being twice as wonderful as you are to me.

I love you <3

No comments:

Post a Comment