Friday, September 10, 2010

Liar liar, pants on fire.

My parents have trust issues. Not with each other. With me. I am a 20-year-old adult. Yes, I slip up, I forget things, I'm human. I am old enough to know that when you give me your word, you don't go back on it. That is the point of giving me your word isn't it? I mean if words are so fucking cheap, then don't bother even speaking. If you don't think I can handle the car, then don't even get me to learn it. (Though I did it for my own sake as well) I am not here as your fucking back-up plan. The one you go to when Daddy eventually won't be able to drive around.

I am sick of hearing my friends being able to actually take the car out for spins. Whereas, I, am still restraint to that 1 year rule. Yeah sure if that 1 year rule even exists. It's just a cover up to drag time for me not to take the car out. Please, I know. The more you don't trust me with the car, the more I can't trust myself with the car, and what makes you think the 1 year thing really works? The more practice you have, the better you'll get right? I mean you can't expect me to be tail you around all the time, just so I get to drive, right? Cut to the chase. You might as well tell me, now, straight in the face that I'll never get to drive around. That might actually stop me from dreaming of ever being able to drive, and would actually push me to save up, work harder, to get what I want.

Adults never go by their word. Thanks for being such a fine example for me. Indeed. Remind me NEVER to treat my kids like that, please.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment