Sunday, November 13, 2011

Longines 2011




Photobucket

All made up on a Sunday and nowhere to go.


Just came back from Longines 2011. Had to be on standby today but thankfully I didn't have to work! :) Instead, I enjoyed a fabulous buffet spread (think bread and butter pudding, smoked salmon, lamb, a wide variety of desserts), and got to look at how high class and prestigious the whole event was! Aaron Kwok and the President are present, but sadly I didn't get to meet either.


The first day of Longines 2011 was when the horses numbers were picked up and which barriers they will be stationed at. I felt I was like a lottery number girl (Robin from HIMYM - if you watch, you'd get what I mean!!), but it was fun!! It was also a pretty cool experience because we got to meet the people who owned the horses, and got to go up to a horse and take pictures. Well it might sound pretty strange to get excited about it... but honestly, how many times do you get to go up to a horse in Singapore!!



Some polaroids from the event


Photobucket

Photobucket

Jockey girls!




A very rare occurrence with a cab driver took place today. Since I had no cash on hand, I needed to hail a cab that allows Nets/card transactions. And waiting for a cab at Turf Club is like waiting for water in the desert. Rare and well... just very rare. The first cab came by and nope he didn't have the Nets equipment. The second cab that came in later didn't have Nets either! In my head I was thinking, "Sigh, definitely have to wait for another cab now". But to my surprise, he suggested sending me down to an ATM near my place, and furthermore, he suggested for a bank transfer! With the recent bad spate of horrible customers who don't pay up after their ride, I would think most cab drivers would be wary and not suggest such alternatives for customers to pay, but no, not him. So at the end of it all, he gave me his account number and his handphone number, entirely trusting me to transfer it to him when I'm home. Omg people like him are rare!! Btw he is a 70+ years old uncle? So wow, I am amazed and really thankful for such uncynical people, giving me hope in humanity!


To end off, here's some inspiring advice G's dad gave me yesterday,


"Walk the tight rope without the fear of falling. Walk it with the determination to get to the other end. Don't let failure be an option. If you want to do it, give it your best shot."



  

No comments:

Post a Comment