Monday, November 7, 2011

Time stands still

I've come to this realisation that I no longer blog like how I used to in secondary school, and when I was in polytechnic. I feel like I've mellowed down into this girl who has kept her thoughts, opinions, words more within myself. Less enthusiasm, less optimism, seemingly less happy. Is this what you call, aging, or to put it more pleasantly, maturing? In truth, I am a much happier person. Very much in love, very much at peace with myself, but still the same old person, trying to find my way in this crazy world.

At the same time, things that are ruining me slowly are still ruining me slowly; a.k.a School. Is this the wrath of design school, and pursuing what actually makes you happy? How can pursuing what makes me happy make me so unhappy? That, I really can't figure it out. It's been 5 years coming and I still can't figure out if it really makes me happy to do what I'm doing now. Like many of my classmates, fashion has thoroughly and absolutely disenchanted me. The illusion that surrounded it 5/6 years ago have slowly fallen apart, taking me with it. Thankfully, there still is a part of fashion that I am madly in love with, and hopefully with hard work and support from everyone, I'll make it work out. For that, I'm willing to stake all I have, to work multiple jobs, to push myself hard enough to make it work. With that comes many boundaries I have to break through within myself. The walls I'm all too familiar with... and breaking through would mean being better and standing out.

I'll slowly ease my way back here... making sure I document important and significant events, so that  next time when I look back, I know I have many many wonderful memories that I have kept :)

Happy Hari Raya Haji to everyone! And happy mugging to me. This Friday truly is Thank God it's Friday! Marks the end of submission and the end of another painful semester of my last year. Sooo excited for it and I really am counting down the days. 4 more days to go!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment