Friday, April 25, 2014

Etude House Color Lips-Fit

I'm back with my Etude House feature of the month, and this April, it's all about the lips! Lips makes for an important feature of our face (besides the eyes), and a dab of color can do wonders to your entire look. For me, it helps me to look less pale and makes me look complete. I can do without falsies, eye make-up, but not the lips. Never the lips!

Etude House has released a revolutionary product called Color Lips-Fit. From a liquid type lipstick, upon application on your lips, it transforms to a powdery matte texture. Fitting your lips seamlessly, without any weight or uncomfortable feeling, tried & tested!

I've gotten the PK003, BE101 and WH901 to try.
PK003 is a girly pink, BE101 is an orangey beige, and WH901 is a clear gloss.
Guess which is my favourite? ;)



Here's the full range that Etude House offers. With the current K-trend, a lot of bold & strong colors are incorporated into this collection.


The applicator for the lipstick catches the product well but do dab sparingly on your lips to avoid too much product only on one side.

A swatch of the colors and the texture when I first take it out of the bottle and applied it on my arm. You can tell the texture looks like a normal tint lipstick from here.


A few seconds or minutes later... It turns into a powdery matte lightweight texture. How cool is that! ;)


(This picture is more true to color)

Swatched it on my lips as well, but not before applying the clear gloss (WH901) to my lips beneath. Do remember to shake the bottles well before use.

I find that the clear gloss works brilliantly beneath and over these Lips Fit Lipsticks! Especially for girls like me, whose lip lines are pretty obvious. I don't get dry lips very often, but they do appear chapped at times, hence a good lip moisturiser is needed to bring out the condition & color of my lips better. WH901 works wonders, really! I loveee it.



PK003 appears a tad more neon in real life, but it's a lovely K-Pink, which of course, stands for a bold girly pink that is all the rage now in Korea!

BE101 is a light orangey-beige, a very unique color that I slowly grew to love. You'll see why after I post the full face pictures ;) And yes, this is my favourite shade!


PK003 on my lips is a tad less subtle on camera and when I apply the clear gloss beneath, so it turns out a brilliant pink here, as shown in the pictures.




The BE101 in a full face shot. The BE101 just seems so flattering! It's such a unique shade of beige and I love it so much ;) Plus, it doesn't pale you out too.





 However, something to note is, this lipstick requires touching up! It transfers to your cups, utensils pretty easily. One way to touch up brilliantly is to wipe your lips entirely clean, and reapply from scratch. This way, you'll be able to wipe off any dead skin on your lips as well and do a nice smooth reapplication and you'll look as good as gold!

Head on down to all Etude House stores to swatch it for yourself this weekend! ;)


xx

1 comment: