Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Mary Kay CC Cream: A Review

I am a hugeee fan of foundations. If there are two make-up items that I'm extremely guilty of splurging on, it's foundations & liptsticks. I have tons of them at home and it has grown to quite a collection now! :P

I am very kindly sponsored the new CC Cream from Mary Kay! Well, I'm sure you've heard of BB creams, but what about the latest revolutionary CC creams? They have been raging on the markets recently, a while after BB creams were introduced. It may seem a little confusion trying to differentiate the two, but it boils down to very simple facts. 

CC creams are complexion corrector creams that simply colour corrects your skin tone. Like BB creams, CC creams come with a bit of sunscreen coverage, but in my opinion, CC solely corrects color. It does not provide sufficient coverage for blemishes, but it evens out the color on your entire face. Giving you quite a sheer-light finish, if you prefer light make-up.

Now that that's clarified, here's more about the Mary Kay CC Cream!


It boasts of SPF 15, providing minimal protection against the sunlight, and aims to give you the "easy out of the door option without that made-up look". It's light-weight, and slightly moisturizing, and acts very much like your tinted moisturiser.

With 8 benefits, it ensures that it's got you covered in one product. It brightens, protects, corrects with lightweight coverage, minimizes redness, conceals, hydrates, reduces visible signs of aging & defends. Wow, quite a handful huh, hehe! It works by dispensing via a pump tube, but at times it dispenses a little more than required.

Oil-free, fragrance-free, non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested and tested for skin irritancy and allergy. Suitable for and tested on Asian skin. Also suitable for all skin types including acne-prone & sensitive skin.

I was given both Light-Medium & Medium-Deep shades to try, and the Light-Medium shade fits me like a charm. However, the Mary Kay CC Cream provides a really really sheer coverage, hence, you'll still have to add an extra step or two to cover your blemishes. 

Here's a swatch of the Light-Medium & Medium-Deep Shades:



Light-Medium has a slight pinkish undertone, while the Medium-Deep was slightly tanner / yellow.

Gonna show you how the Light-Medium color works on my skin tone ;)


Spreading the color out with my finger... 



It blends in REALLY WELL. I really can't tell where it starts/ends, haha! But yes, coverage is sheer, as you can tell. It's perfect for ladies who like their make-up light!


I've added on concealer & loose powder (light blusher & lipstick), to give that natural, not so made-up look.
It did really help to even out my skin tone and made me look healtier, but I still need my concealer for difficult spots!





Click on the link for more information about Mary Kay's CC Cream.
It's available in 4 shades, and retails at S$37.

To locate a consultant, call 62266888, or visit www.marykay.com.sg 


Thank you for sending over the CC Cream, it's been so fun experimenting to new foundations, something I really have a soft spot for! ;)



No comments:

Post a Comment