Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Back to life.

Happiness comes from Within.

Are we really enslaved to all that makes us happy? It could be our partner, our job, material goods, friends, but these are all external factors that can be altered at any point of time in life. If we tie our happiness to these things, what happens if they are gone? 

We can't be blamed if these things make us happy. They simply do. But is there a way to juggle the dependency of our happiness on these things and the fact that we are going to be okay when they don't happen / are gone? That truly is the question isn't it? Can happiness come from within? Yes, I think it can. But no, I haven't found out how to make it happen. To me, it feels like it's essentially asking, if you can be happy even when you're in a empty room, alone. 

"Everything is going to be okay in the end. If it's not okay, it's not the end" Everyone goes through a grieving period after the loss, but we know that we are going to get back up on our feet, and go on in our pursuit of happiness, aren't we? I guess in some ways, it's okay to be dependent on external factors for happiness. We all are. On food, on company, on our careers, on people. As long as you don't make one thing your sole source of happiness. Spread it out to different sources, different people. We are all in the same pursuit of happiness, and we would all love to be happy in our lives, regardless of what constitutes our definition of happiness.


A random musing of one particular phrase that went through lecture yesterday. This came up to me 2 months ago, but yesterday when I heard my lecturer say, "It's easier said than done", only did I realise, humans are fallible.

But yes, a post to say I'm alive & back! Here's a picture with minimal make-up. Without the colors, I'd look very much pale and sickly. What will we do without iPhone's photo editing apps :P



Lace & Ebony has launched last night! Thank you all for the amazing support thus far. I think outdoor shoots really gave the clothes life and made the pictures seem much more engaging. We hope to do more of such shoots in the future. Of course, I'd put in the extra effort to make the shoots seem less like a normal boring out-of-studio pictures. Pet peeve to see outdoor shoots for the sake of being outdoors! More about the last outdoor shoot in the next post, hee! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment