Thursday, August 8, 2013

Our little Egyptian Adventure

Selamat Hari Raya! The long weekend is finally here! *throws confetti* :D I'm sure everyone has been anticipating the 3 day work week and looking forward to a good long rest. Lots of people I know has been falling sick, booo. (Yeap, I'm still coughing after 2 weeks :( Any remedies?) Do take the chance to rest and recuperate. Stay safe everyone! 

As a couple, we find ourselves frequenting our favourite familiar haunts, places with food that we love and wouldn't mind having over and over. Not that I'm sick of our favourite foods (really B, I'm not! :P), but adding a bit of novelty into our dates every now and then brings a whiff of excitement sometimes! Dressed up a little more and headed down to Haji Lane / Arab Street to see what we can find! 





 Did a few street photography, thanks to my dearest boy! (:

OOTD:
Barnes Blazer - Lace & Ebony
Sadie Romper - Lace & Ebony
Longchamp Bag
Love Bonito Wedges






Hahahahaha, I can't even......


Yup, we didn't know where's good so we randomly popped into an Egyptian restaurant slightly off Arab Street. We found Shahrazad! (:






We ordered a Meat Platter for 2 portions and it came with chicken breast, beef, mutton & something else that I really forgot (I think it's beef-related haha) but it's super yummy! It comes with a choice of Rice or Bread. We chose one each, and I'm loving the tasty rice that's slightly flavoured! The portions seemed pretty small at first and I got pretty worried if we ordered too little. Halfway through the meal, I realised that it's actually pretty filling! Looks are very deceiving, or is my appetite getting smaller?? :/ The meats are well marinated, but I felt that some meat were a tad too dry :( 




Ordered a dessert to end off the meal, and also because I was really intrigued by the desserts that they have to offer! We picked Kunafa to try! It's essentially fried Kataifi dough with butter, cheese, syrup, and sprinkled Pistachio! It was so good!! It might get a tad gelat after a while because it's a sweet dessert, so it's best to share. So glad we decided to be a little more adventurous on our food adventure this time! 


Pretty pretty stained glass lamps we found while strolling around the area after dinner.


Shahrazad is a decent Egyptian / Middle Eastern restaurant but the prices can get slightly above average! We haven't tried Egyptian food before so it's a little hard to compare the standard but we definitely enjoyed our meal at the restaurant. Thank you G for being my wonderful food explorer and date (:



My surprise from VanityTrove last week! This arrived just before I left for Phuket, but only found the time to blog about it now! VanityTrove now offers troves that are fully customised to you! Fill up your beauty profile with your skin, hair & body types to select from products that would compliment uniquely you. Here's my customised trove and I'm sooo very happy to have gotten the items that I want to try! (: 

Dr GL Collagen Essence, Biore UV Aqua Rich Whitening Cream, LoveMore Soy Enzyme Mask, Pure DKNY Perfume, Essential Shampoo, and Bifesta Make-Up Remover - woohoo! (: Personally using / have used the Biore Whitening Cream, LoveMore mask, Pure DKNY perfume & Bifesta Make-Up remover, and I must say that these are my favourites! I've been using Bifesta to remove my make-up for years now, after receiving a complimentary bottle from Mandom after working for an Gatsby event! :p It's my must-have in my daily routine. 

Thank you for such blessings VanityTrove! Beauty in a trove, customise your very own trove today!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment