Saturday, January 18, 2014

Etude House Shining Dream Set Review

[Advertorial Review]

*waves frantically* HELLLO!

Sorry I've been neglecting this space a little but I'm back with a review of my new favourite makeup! It's now incorporated into my makeup routine and I know for sure I'll wear this during the upcoming Chinese New Year! ;)

I've been a Korean Skincare/Makeup fan for quite a while now and I can really see the benefits on me, so much of my skincare & makeup routine consists of 75% Korean, and 90% Asian products. Haha! I've recently added more to my collection and I'm terribly guilty because I've been splurging a lot on myself, heh.

The thing about Korean makeup is that it emphasises a lot on natural makeup, simpler coverage. It doesn't do too heavy a coverage and I think that's good enough for me considering that my skin clogs up a lot and it needs to breathe!


So today, I'm here to blog about Etude House's Shining Dream The Very Best Set.

Of course with a such a name, it can only mean that it features Etude House's best selling products!

This set includes: 
Precious Mineral BB Cream Bright Fit (W13 Natural Beige) & Dream On Powder (01 Light Beige). 


Cannot emphasis on how much I love Etude House's packaging design. It's filling my makeup collection up with pretty colors!


Disclaimer: I realllyyyyy do not have the best skin/features/face. 
So please bear with all the blemishes and flaws that I have! :( 


I start off with my bare face and only my brows drawn.





I use a pea size amount for my entire face. You really don't want to get too much product on too!


With BB Cream on! I like to use my fingers for application rather than a sponge/brush.


Next step, the Dream On Powder!




It comes with a cute puff that you can use! You can only stick one finger in though haha! I prefer not to use the puff because the powder is slightly too light for me, hence, using a brush and tapping away excess powder, helps me to spread a minimal layer on my skin evenly.


You can use a huge fluffy brush or a blusher brush to powder all over your face.

Add a little blusher and concealer (and falsies for me, if I'm going on a date/somewhere nice) and ta-da! You are ready! :)

It took me less than 5 minutes to put on the BB cream & powder, so it's really not that much of a hassle for busy women!




I like the nice overall glow it gives to my face, and most importantly, the Dream On Powder helps to mattify oily faces! My face does oil up after a couple of hours, but the powder helps to extend it by a couple more hours so I get oilier after 4 - 5 hours? Plus after that, it's minimal blotting! Considering that I don't work in an air-conditioned room or office too.

A hugeee plus point for me because I don't like how oily my face can get sometimes, and this helps your foundation to stay all day. I had a 11am - 1am day yesterday, and yes that's 14 hours. Considering that I didn't touch up at all, my foundation did not run, or cake, but minimally disappeared because I blotted twice.




Here's how I look with more even lighting! My face is naturally slightly fairer than my body (sigh! Any good whitening cream for body to recommend?), so I really had to use a minimal amount to ensure that I don't make my face too fair.




 My hands are about 1 shade darker than my face, so I usually test for shades on my neck for a better match to my face.


Dream On Powder is actually a light beige-pink shade! Very very pretty and would look especially good on fair ladies.

More about the products I used here:
Precious Mineral BB Cream (Bright Fit):
Formulated with Pearl powder
UV Protection (SPF 30)
Whitening, Anti-Wrinkle
Antioxidant moisture care

Dream On Powder:
Bright & powdery finish
Sebum & sweat resistant powder


With that said, I would really recommend Shining Dream Set to anyone who's looking for a new foundation! It has become my new favourite, honestly. With a light BB cream that benefits your skin, and a loose powder that helps to keep oily skin at bay (at least for a bit longer), it's a set that is rebranded with smaller than the normal full size products, and very portable too! 

It provides a medium coverage so you still have to dab on a bit of concealer, but it makes for a good everyday makeup routine because the coverage does not feel heavy and uncomfortable on your skin for everyday usage. Plus, the loose powder really really keeps sebum at bay. A winner for me!

xx

2 comments:

  1. Wow you're soooo pretty girl. The BB cream really works well for you. Thanks for the lovely review <3

    Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Valentines Day Outfit

    ReplyDelete