Friday, March 16, 2012

St Valentine's Day

Valentine's Day 2012

We planned a day out at Singapore's (very popular romantic destination - you'll know why later) Marina Bay Sands for this year's Valentine's Day. G & I were in matching colors, hahaha! So off to our first stop - the Titanic Exhibition! I was really really excited to visit it! Everyone was raving about it and since it coincides with a buffet place I really wanted to check out (sashimi craving again!), MBS it is!

Massive couple cam-whoring!













Annoyed cos G takes me as his camera subject!! Just kidding :P It's nice to have a boyfriend who's willing to take pictures of you! ;)




Got our tickets and we're ready to head in!!









No pictures were allowed inside but we thoroughly enjoyed the exhibition. It was informative and filled with lots of artifacts and pictures. One of the better  (and more interesting) exhibitions in Singapore I must say! There was also an iceberg that we could touch, heehee!! Spend so much time standing and walking around that my feet really ached before the day came to an end :/






 

Why I say it's a popular choice for couples because I saw 3 of my girl friends there!! Wow can you imagine that! And more on Facebook after realising they had the same/similar plans as we did. Hahaha :/ So much for me thinking that my plan was unique! Felicia and I just had to take a picture since we're all dressed up! :)





Dinner was at Todai! A buffet restaurant that had been featured on a buffet show on TV. The reviews on HungryGoWhere weren't that fantastic but it wasn't that bad either. So, to satisfy my sashimi craving, we decided to give it a try. 

I was utterly disappointed with the management of Todai. I've called to reserve a table for 2, probably 1 week in advance? The reservation was accepted then. When we got to the restaurant, there was a long long queue. I told G, "This can't be the reservation queue right?!". So I marched up to the front and realised that people were all queuing even though they've made reservations. It's ridiculous because 1) We've made a reservation, and 2) Which buffet restaurant overbooks themselves?! It should be common sense to realise that in buffet restaurants, people tend to stay for the whole session. But NOO, in Todai, apparently they don't get it. I see couples sitting in those lousy cheapo chairs and feel so indignant for them. You pay $50++ for good ambience and reasonably good food. Not some lousy cheapskate restaurant. 

Ugh, sorry, I just had to rant about them! And no, I would not patronise Todai again.






Smiling for the camera despite being so pissed :/






The selection of food was varied, which is good because you get to try the different sort of cuisines which you'll never try on a daily basis. The quality of food is honestly mediocre. I'm not sure if it's because of the influx of customers that drastically decreased their quality of food, but even so, they should ensure that the quality is always kept top-notch for a buffet restaurant to remain competitive. The sashimi feels average (slightly worst than average), and can't even be compared to any other cheaper international buffets I've been to. This is one important indicator to me. The other buffet restaurant at MBS hotel, Rise, is soooo much better! >:( 


HORRIBLE & NOT WORTH MY MONEY. (Plus they've spoilt my valentine's day, sigh!)




The Singapore's skyline is so, so pretty!




G's gift to meeee :)




And mine to him, made with love! <3

Happy Valentine's Day!








xx

No comments:

Post a Comment