Friday, April 26, 2013

My first Vlog & Singapore Yacht Show 2013

Introducing, my first vlog on my make-up haul from the Estee Lauder Companies Private Sale! :D Teehee. I hope this is fine, and kinda sad that the quality I see on my laptop isn't translated online!! Booo. But oh well, I hope you like it anyway! :)



Singapore Yacht Show

Honestly, working for events truly enrich myself as a person, filling myself up with experiences and talking to people from all walks of lives opens my eyes to a world beyond my own. I'm really excited to work for the same client that I did so 2 - 3 years ago (albeit some really annoying parts which I shall omit here) because it's only through Boat Asia (the one I did 2 / 3 years ago for them), and Singapore Yacht Show 2013 that I find myself throughly enjoying talking to people, learning about the boats, and  having them share with me insights that I might never get, considering the (fashion) industry that I'm in. 

I'm not sure if I'm putting into words my exact sentiments, but it's probably one of the only events I enjoy doing, is most meaningful, and I had great friends as colleagues to work together with.


Capturing a $890,000 boat from a $2,000,000 boat. Hahahah.


Welcome, to the $2 million dollar boat that feels like a hotel suite on water.




I can't fully capture how spacious and luxurious the boat really is. OMGGG! I wish this could be my playground. I'd have so much fun! Of course there are other larger boats on display, and some are probably 10x more luxurious than the ones I'm working for. Ah, life of the rich & famous...


Here are the smaller boats indoors. Perfect for beginner boaters who don't want to splurge so much on their first boats. Still pretty nice, but once you step on the bigger boats, there's no turning back!!!! For me at least :P



Times when I can take a break, I whip out my trusty phone ;)


A perk-me-up drink some kind guy at the Leopard Catamaran boats got for Sharon & I while we were at their counters manning the crowds. So sweet! I don't know if it's culture or just plain individual chivalry, but I feel that Caucasians are more inclined to be more generous, less gek-gao (hokkien slang for stingy) than Asians. Of course there are still the few select Asian men who are really gentlemanly. Please guys, stay that way. You give (Asian men) hope!!


A view from the fly bridge of the Fairline boat. I loveeee the fly bridge. It's an upper deck, and in my particular boat, there's a BBQ pit and a huge sitting area to chillout. #thatsthelife


After a crazy busy Saturday, G brought me to have my breakfast-lunch-dinner-supper at Chomps. I didn't have time to have food and hurriedly gobbled down a chocolate bar during work cos I was almost fainting from fatigue and getting a little sick from the constant rocking of the boat against my hunger. Look at the humungous cup of sugar cane. Haha, I really do look small in comparison!


Sadly, the famous Hokkien Mee was a little disappointing that night. It felt really overcooked and dry. :( The satay was well marinated though - love!



Got up not so bright and early for an outdoor shoot on Monday morning. I'm in love with my Lace & Ebony Off-Shoulder dress in White! It's my new favourite outfit. It's super comfortable and the polyester-chiffon material feels really luxe. Available in Black & White this Sunday on Lace & Ebony. 

And no one realised I dyed my hair, ahahahha. I dyed it while working for the Yacht show and no one noticed anything :P Well that's also because I chose a similar color and just wanted to cover the ugly black roots. Geez... I guess it wasn't that obvious but it was irking me.



Favourite kind of architecture. 


A preview shot I got from my dearest Fiona. Who bore through the hot sun together with me to painstakingly capture the beautiful shots <3


The preview for the collection is up!!

I'll post more previews and the gorgeous gorgeous lookbook pictures soon ;)
It's almost the weekends, TGIF everyone! <3


No comments:

Post a Comment