Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Shipwrecked



Chanced upon this beautiful sight of the boats at nightfall and it made me reflect. The boats are really a sight to behold. Luxuries that might be bordering a little on the extravagance. This reminded me of how choked up we can be sometimes. Surrounding us are man-made sceneries. The Singapore Skyline can be a beautiful sight to capture, but I feel like we've lost so much of nature, our natural state. Staring out into these man-made buildings is only a reflection of the people that we need to be, to be part of Singapore's society. The rat race that is integral in our society. Restraining ourselves to follow suit to pursue a comfortable standard of living. Doesn't it feel like it chokes you up at times? 

In Spain, G brought me to the beach at Barcelona at night. Well we didn't exactly plan that trip out cos the beach isn't as ideal at night than in the day. But we had some time to spare and nothing much to do, so why not? We explored a little and stop at this little viewing port beside the W hotel which had huge steps / seats overlooking the Mediterranean Sea. We stopped and looked out into the sea. It was vast, and completely, completely empty. Everything was pitch black and I felt like I was staring into nothingness. You'd never get that back in Singapore. After looking ahead, we looked up into the night sky and the view entirely took me by surprise. The night sky was so enchanting. Stars filled up every inch of the night canvas. The last time I stared into a night sky so beautiful, was when I was 5, and yes, I remembered it vividly. Despite the light pollution, stars in Barcelona seemed to not be deterred and continued to shine their brillance out for all to see. Absolutely beautiful... <3


These little things truly make life a little more beautiful, 
and I'm thankful to be able to share these moments with you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment