Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Let there be food!

I'm back for a Mid-week blogpost! Am I getting very boring with food pictures? Hahaha. It's such a huge part of my life, and honestly, without happy food to look forward to, life loses a fraction of its meaning :P I don't necessary have to eat much or eat expensive delicacies  but I'm thankful to be with families who definitely know their food well.


Cold Crab Dish at this Teochew Restaurant that I forgot the name of, for G's grandma's birthday. I LOVE COLD CRABS. They are an understated dish that tastes so good almost so naturally. Plus, the crabs that they use, usually have a higher than usual amount of roe, more meat and slightly softer shells. This definitely is a delicacy :P


I think they call these longevity buns! Shou tao in Chinese.



Running errands with a car is a God-sent blessing! We went from East > Town > West and back to the East again, all within a time-frame that would have been doubled if we had to take public transport. Oh, and yeah, this is my au naturale look, my go-to look these days. I mean, honestly, I don't really like putting lots of make-up to fake it. I prefer putting the essentials, and just leave it like that. I can't imagine the day when I go out for a quick errand, and put some barely there make-up, and get criticised by people who see me with barely there make-up and say that I look ugly w/o my make-up. :/

I mean obviously faking it, and putting on the full make-up look is going to change how you look. I'm sure you've seen those transformational videos of girls who looked so plain before make-up, and so much better after. I just don't want to spoil people's impressions of how I look by putting on my "studio-worthy" make-up every time I'm out. But of course there are the special occasions that I'd dress up for, and want to look a little more made-up. I just don't advocate such "wayang" make-up on myself on a daily basis.


OOTD: Basic Long Sleeve Top from Uniqlo, Floral Pleated Skirt from Lace & Ebony

Restaurant week is something both G & I look forward to, twice yearly. Restaurants would offer a set menu at an affordable price to give everyone a chance to try the restaurant's offerings. It's a brilliant concept, and especially good for people like me to try everything without burning a hole in my pocket. We picked out one restaurant this time round (didn't want to be so greedy), and settled for Chef d'Table.





Lovely complimentary bread to start off the night. I love how soft the bread are, and the olive oil + herb spread to go along with the bread. 


My Smoked Duck Salad which was so good. I felt so happy and healthy eating this!



G's marinated Salmon dish. I felt a bit cheated because the menu stated that there's wasabi in it, and I specially avoided this dish because I didn't like the wasabi taste, but in the end, there wasn't any of it! :/ However, this dish was so gooood. I love salmon sashimi so this definitely was a hit with me.





The main dish: Pork Belly Confit.
Yes you heard me right. I'm eating the fatty fatty pork belly. Hahaha. This felt like the one we had to try, so we each ordered one :P Hehehe, this definitely was good. I love it and cleaned my plate. Hehe. Flavourful and the pork belly was soft and nicely done. *thumbs up*


G's nougat dessert (Dessert of the day)


My Soy Panna Cotta. I've heard people around me saying that this is like Tau Huay. Haha, I don't deny that, but it is 5x nicer than your normal Laoban beancurd for sure! I love panna cotta(s) so I definitely had to try this dish for myself. Didn't disappoint, but some may find it similar to our beancurd dessert hence brushing it off as a nice dessert dish.

Overall, our experience at Chef d'table was great. The service was fine, the ambience was nicely done. It definitely didn't exude too much of an atas ambience which might put off some, but just enough to let you know that you're in for something good. The food was definitely commendable! I'm really glad we've chosen to dine here for Restaurant week (:

Service: 3.5 / 5
Ambience: 3.5 / 5
Food: 3.8 / 5
Value for money: Well, this was Restaurant week so it will definitely be worth it! 



I am in love with the Chanel Boy inspired bag! I've been looking for similar ones for quite some time now, and I'm glad to be able to add this to my collection *glee* A pity that there's no more stocks for this :(




OOTD: Twist-knot Bustier Top from Topshop, Chelle Lasercut Skirt in Pink from Lace & Ebony


A collage from my dearest iPhone to sum up this entry!
Goodnight y'all, gotta rest for a short shoot tomorrow! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment