Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Travelogue: Hong Kong 2011 pt.3

Day 3

We started the day by heading out from HK to ShenZhen! Another shopping haven... gosh, in HK, it's all about shop eat shop eat, you lose all the weight by shopping and walking (climbing stairs, slopes)! It's insane. Definitely top on my list for a summer shopping escapade! 




Shops after shops, malls after malls. And we only spent our time at one station/area! My mom went crazy with the shopping too! Everything here caters to the young and old! :)





Before we went back to HK, we did a foot reflexology and a shoulder massage. We totally needed it!! Back to HK late and so thankful that some restaurants in the malls open till late. Settled for Crystal Jade, and the food there was actually really good! Definitely better than SG's.







Day 4

Woke up early despite our aching muscles and off to check out the 1 Michelin starred restaurant, Tim Ho Wan. When we arrived there at 10am, a queue was already forming outside, so we took a number, and went exploring nearby!















And we FINALLY got in! 
My verdict: 3.5/5! It was definitely good dim sum at the price you're paying for, but I think only some dishes were extraordinarily good, the others were just good but normal in HK standards. The baked char siew bun is a must try! Loved how fresh the food tasted though!


















SO GOOD! 








Off to attack Mongkok in spite of our afternoon drowsiness and food coma!

The Happy Lemon in HK, is so cheap and so good! The price you're paying for a large cup in HK, is equivalent to a normal cup in SG. Rip-off to the max, but I still love Happy Lemon! ;)



G brought me to Mido Cafe, a place that is highly raved on the web! I wasn't too impressed with the decor because I was expecting something to blow my mind... but I think I spoke too soon. The decor boasts of old school cafe interiors and the upstairs is air-conditioned! To my relief! The summer sun is really really bad :/





The food there is simply heavenly!! Must trys are the French toast + Yuan Yang. You won't regret it!







Onto Sushi for dinner! I tried Itamae the other time when I came to HK, and it's comparable to Itacho (sister company), or even better! :) It is definitely cheaper than SG as well! Why is everything there cheaper than SG? Isn't the standard of living supposed to be the same?? :/



Immensely in love with salmon.




And foie gras. I know its bad but... it's so nice. :(












xx

No comments:

Post a Comment