Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Oh, doggies!

My overdue post on our date out:
Brunch at Penny University and a trip to We're the Furballs! :)

There are many lovely brunch places, concept cafes in Singapore that I'd love to check out, and would have to do so soon before the labour crunch kicks in and/or these small cafes find it hard to sustain themselves. The turnover rate for these cafes are increasingly high, and it's really sad to see the good ones go. But here's us! Conquering one at a time ;)

We made a long-awaited trip down to Upper East Coast road/Siglap area to try Penny University after seeing people instagramming brunch/food from there! The menu is small but decent, with a variety of cakes on display too.



French toast! G prefers sweet brunches while I prefer to opt for savoury ones. It's nice to share like that too so we get the best of both worlds.




My Smoked salmon bagel with a poached egg add on. It was yummy, despite the bagel being really hard.


The food at Penny University was generally good. It's one of the brunch places that serves decent food but it was lacking of the wow factor that would encourage me to visit it a second time mostly because of the lacking in menu items. The concept feels somewhat similar to other cafes I've been to before. :/ But we weren't thaaaatt disppointed cos the food was still nice. On the hunt for more cafes/brunch places to go to!!

We visited We're the Furballs (WTF) for the... 4th time! We love that place so much and we can stay there for half the day, playing with the lovely sweethearts, or just watching them sleep. They are so lovable. You'll instantly fall in love with them! 


Meet Lulu the Toy Poodle! :)


I love it when they crawl onto my legs and snuggle up in my embrace... <3





Look at how high they can jump!! Hahaha, G loves to play with them. I don't know why were they so enthralled with his bubble tea straw! Even after he threw it away in the bin, Duchess (the King Charles) kept staring at the bin in sadness. Awww :( 



The little ones were so curious when I tried to capture them. And when they moved closer to the camera, I just clicked! Teehee. Although the pics are out of focus, it's still realllyyyy cute don't you think! 



Slinky the Dachshund. 


Lola the Pomeranian


Yuki-chan the golden Pomeranian!


Duchess!


Hehehe, and meet Buibui! :) The fiercest looking one, but she's such a gentle creature. Though she's really heavy and G & I have to restrict her from sleeping and lying on our legs cos it'll be sooo numb afterwards hehe!!


Mochi the Maltese :)






Awwww they are all such cuties! Looking at the pictures really makes me miss them. I am so thankful that a concept like this could happen in Singapore (so much gratitude to the people who made this happen), and for dog lovers like me who can't own a dog at the moment, this is definitely the place to go to be able to play with these lovable animals. To me, this is the place to go to seek therapy. To play with the dogs and forget all my stress, worries, or sadness because they make me smile with the simplest thing they do. Thank you for bringing me there, G <3 


No comments:

Post a Comment