Friday, March 8, 2013

Throwback Friday

Today is Friday! Which probably spells glee for many of you. Teehee, I do bask in the joy of everyone's happiness that the weekends are here even though my work-life days are... very mashed together. I know this isn't very good but I enjoy what I do, and to me, the days don't matter. But of course, vacations are a MUST. I love how vacations (irregardless of where I go to) rejuvenate my body, mind and soul. It's essential, and a much needed breather in our crazy rat race world. I'm starting to get a peek into the stress of being a full-fledged adult and it really can be quite tiring.

But, enough of woes talk. Let's begin my #throwback Friday. Hahaha.


I'm in love with looking simple these days. Do without the heavy make-up and go easy on my skin. I love falsies cos they really help to brighten up my eyes, but it's a hassle trying to put them on every time I'm out! But it's a must for me when I know I'll be taking photos on cameras besides my iPhone. I don't have obvious double eyelids so my natural eyes don't look as nice as I'd like it to be. 

My friends know that I'm (almost) never punctual. Those times that I actually am, the roles are reversed and they are the late ones instead, haha! So, trying to save on steps for getting ready feels more important to me these days. 

Here's my LOTD with just mascara, bb cream, blusher and the lipgloss that I absolutely adore, my L'oreal Shine Caresse! I loved it so much, I got it in 2 shades and planning to get more! Honestly changes my look by putting color on my otherwise pale lips. Only $19.90 from Watsons and other leading beauty stores. Definitely a recommended buy! 



Playing around with my daisy headband from BKK before embarking on an exhausting 3 hour shoot for L&E :D


Awww... so cute right. I love hugs, a lot. When I'm down, a hug is really really all I need to get back up again. There's so much support translated into a small gesture of holding me, even for a while :) 


My Tenderloin Steak from Mariners' Corner for my Uncle's birthday. If I can help it, I'd always chose tenderloins for my steak. Irritatingly expensive taste I have :( Haha. It was not bad, but I have another better recommendation that I'll put in the next post or this would get really long and draggy. Especially good for people who stay near Central/West. A favourite from Mariners' Corner has got to be the salad bar. If you upgrade your meal to a set meal, you'll get free flow salad from the salad bar! The selection was pretty wide and everything was so fresh. Thumbs up for that! 


My DIY manicure :) Pretty in pink & sparkles!


The highly raved: Shiok Maki


A selection of sashimi, one plate for the each of us because we love it so much that it gets hard to share :P

If you know me well enough, you'd know my constant crazy cravings for Japanese food, especially sashimi! I bugged G to go try Koh Grill & Sushi Bar, which has been much raved by many many people on my instagram. Their signature has got to be the Shiok Maki, which has unagi in it. There's also Shiok Maki V.2, which has Ebi! I wanted to try so many other makis there but hehe, restrain Angela!! I must say, the Shiok Maki is really one of its kind. It's soo good! The taste just explodes in your mouth with the flavours of everything that's in it. For the best experience, stuff the whole thing in all at once :P 



Happy Mookata with my favourite people: OSG! We finally settled on a date where most of us can make it. I enjoyed catching up with everyone and what's going on in their lives. Everyone's growing up now and there's much more commitments, so it's actually really difficult for us to meet regularly :( 

My favourite would still be Mookata at Katong because of their chilli dips and marinated meat, but if you'd like free-flow buffet style, this is a good place to go as Mookata @ Katong isn't buffet style, and is slightly pricier. 


OOTD: Embossed Flower Dress in Coral by Lace & Ebony





TWG with my favourite boy. Thank you for being into high-teas as well. I really am thankful for a man in my life who's into food that I love. Not many men would be so willing to go for high-teas with their ladies! ;) I enjoy having tea at TWG because of their crazy wide selection of tea available. My favourite is English Breakfast tea (boring, I know..), and everywhere I go, this would be my pick. At TWG, there's a selection of more than 10 different types of English Breakfast O.O! I didn't really know how to choose between so many. 

My pick was Royal Breakfast Tea, which was really strong and heavy bodied. It was lovely, but certainly not my favourite. G chose Napoleon Tea. It smelt so fragrant and sweet. I think I liked his better! I'm gonna keep trying teas until I find the one I really love, and bring it home to have it! :D



My re-filled diffuser with a Chanel flower to prettify it. I just got the refill after G got me this last Valentine's. This makes my room smell heavenly... no kidding!



My pick from the March's VanityTrove that I got sent last week. The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturiser Compact. This is such a gem! I've been using it everyday since and I LOVE IT. It goes on so naturally. More on that in the next entry!! :)

Oh, Lace & Ebony has just launched Spring Edition 2 with some really sartorial outfits which I've kept for myself tooo. Go check it out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment