Sunday, December 11, 2011

Time will tell.

I die a little everyday knowing the decision you would make, even if you had the choice.


My heart aches for the promising relationship that went up in flames. All that's left are the ashes that scatter. People often provide an analogy of a glass to a heart. Something once broken can never be fixed back. But you know that if the pieces are big enough, you'll find some way to fix it back together, though it can never go back to how pristine it once looked, you'll still get back your heart. When I realised what the words you uttered mean, my whole world could never go back to what it used to be. Ashes are all that remains. You can never mend it back.

The heart aches for days and more to come. The mornings when you just wake, and the moments at night just before bed are the worst periods I have to endure. Every morning is another nightmare, and every night I have to fight the painful thoughts. I run away from every thought that relates to it yet it doesn't conceal that fact that the heart knows why it has to ache. It feels like it's been computed into my subconscious and wouldn't go away.

Will we really be happy compromising? We both fear that if one of us step down and give in to the other, the future will be conflicted and what if we don't eventually work out? Wouldn't all that we have sacrificed come to naught? We hold on to the fear, hold on to our stakes not wanting to take that risk. No one can guarantee happiness. Both are selfish decisions, and both of us are not relenting. Then what can we do? I can't believe in the man you build me up to believe, the very same man that wants me to believe that as much as he loves me, he wants to sacrifice me.

Time will tell? Perhaps...

No comments:

Post a Comment