Thursday, June 7, 2012

New York City: Part Deux

It's been a crazy week! House renovations are on-going, late nights early morning, and lots of manual labour. I'm finally having my own room - YAY to that! :) I'm kinda excited to get it all up, but not anticipating the unpacking from the many cartons I have... yikes. 

Back to New York posts! Day 3 saw us heading down to Philadelphia, a 2 hour bus ride from New York. We woke pretty early to catch the bus, ended up missing the time we booked it for, and thankfully the next bus had space to accommodate us. It was a pleasant ride down, with comfortable seats, and a USB port. You got to love charging on the go :p We had G's friend, Meiling, to bring us around Philly, and we're so thankful to have such a personal tour of Philly's best! Not much sight-seeing but lots of eating!!



















































We checked out places like University of Pennsylvania, the architecture was brillant. I prefer such olden days architecture (I'm sure there's a term for it, but it's not coming to mind now) than modern architecture. But yeah, I'd definitely prefer modern day facilities in the university. We went to try the classic Philly cheese steak and another, with a special sauce. All located near UPenn. Afterwhich, we proceeded to have froyo, then gelato. Hahaha pig-out. Cap@giro, the gelato place, is actually listed on National Geographic's Top Ten Gelato places! Hehe, how about that!! ;)

After more walking in the central parts of Philly (where the shops were), we proceeded to Tinto, a highly recommended Tapas restaurant. The food blew us away. I really love every dish we ordered! It came in really small servings, but everything is SO GOOD. A must try in Philly I would say.

Left back for NY with (very) satisfied stomachs, and thankful for the wonderful tour we had around Philadelphia. The look & feel in Philadelphia contrasts greatly with New York. It had a little more laid-back, relaxed vibe with the shops, the architecture, and the people. A refreshing change!














Checked out Times Square as well! The shops open till 2am (i think!). Hahaha I love how it does that. Caters especially to us owls. It was realllyyy chilly that night, and I was only in a leather jacket so I braved the winds till my body was numb to the cold, and walked through the streets at Times Square. It's really lovely at night, the lights, the people. Bustling and full of life! I'm a true blue city girl! :)



Day 4:
We were off for Brunch at a Clinton St Baking recommended by his friend, Charmaine. I love brunches. It's like they are made for people like me, heehee! 

















The queue at Clinton St Bakery Company ranges from 30 - 45 minutes on weekdays, but I heard it could be so much more during the weekends. We took a little walk after dropping our reservation, and found this quaint little dessert shop, Dessert Truck just beside it! The desserts on the menu looked too good to give it a pass, so G & I decided to share one item! So, so sinful. Desserts before brunch, hee! We've ordered some brioche donut squares, filled with nutella goodness. It was really really good, and I was tempted to try everything off the menu, but we had our brunch waiting for us :(








Finally, our turn came and we hurried off to our table anticipating our long-awaited brunch. We've ordered the pancakes (MUST TRY), and a smoked salmon scrambled eggs dish (I forgot all the lovely names), and a side dish of hash brown. Both dishes were SOOO YUMMY! I was hesitant to share my scrambled eggs with G cos I really loved it! :D I loved the place so much that I even bought their very own cookbook and I can't wait to try some of the brunch/desserts inside :)






Paid a visit to the Dean & Deluca store in SoHo :D FOOOOD GALORE. I love the vibe of the whole store. It feels like it's inviting you for a food exploration/adventure.













In the end, we settled for some really fresh looking lobster tails that costs us $14USD. I think it's fairly cheap for two lobster tails that are soooo fresh! Happy with our little tea snack!






We covered a little of SoHo, Little Italy and Chinatown as well! Because my asian cravings kicked in, I really wanted some spicy food, especially Tom Yum! With the help of Yelp (USA's version of Hungrygowhere), we managed to find a fairly good Thai restaurant, Pongsri, in the vicinity. 







We met up with G's brother for some drinks after dinner. He recommended us Renaissance R Lounge, near Times Square, because they had a 50% off everything! :) We had a very good view of Times Square through the lounge. Awesome!! After drinks was our Top of the Rock slot! 



















Ending off with a view from our bus stop at North Bergen. Offering a pretty good view of Manhattan's skyline! Lovelyyy :)

With every blog post I put up, I find myself missing New York insanely. I mean, through the pictures, you could only feel a fraction of what we experience. No one's gonna believe the magic that New York holds UNTIL they get to experience it themselves, first-hand. I think I've caught the Wanderlust bug. Nothing beats going around the world.


Ending off with an extremely sweet marriage proposal that made me teared! I love dramatic proposals that involves cameras, filming, and a group of people! Hahahaha, very much like what my horoscope Leo is about! :P



xx


No comments:

Post a Comment