Saturday, June 16, 2012

There goes a fighter

I've just received my results. I'm happy to announce that I've gotten my degree! At long last!! After all the whinings, and bitchings about the terrible school system (which is slated to change with the government stepping in, thank goodness), I've pulled through and emerged with satisfying (only to me) results! :D Granted that it's not exceedingly good, but as long as I'm happy and not comparing to people, I WILL BE CONTENT. Comparison really is the root of all evil... And G is right. You can't expect results from the efforts you didn't put in. If you didn't give it your all, the results wouldn't reflect the best of your abilities. So yes, Happy! 


Taking a break from the New York postings... here's a few of our dinner dates recently :)












Genki Sushi has always been one of our favourite Japanese restaurants (besides Itacho, and recently, Standing Sushi Bar) to go whenever we have cravings for sashimi etc. Mostly I get the Jap food cravings though, hee! We love how fresh the sashimi is, and of course, the fuss-free ordering systems through iPads. There's always a queue outside Genki, but thankfully we managed to get in pretty quickly because it wasn't the weekends. What I felt they could improve on, is perhaps offering a wider variety of food. Right now, it's kinda limited, but hey, I'll still be happy when my sashimi's good! :)


Genki Sushi
181 Orchard Road
Orchard Central
#03-32




Outfit of the day
Top: Lace & Ebony
Bottoms: Love Bonito
Bag: Love Bonito























Deciding to be a little more adventurous, G & I decided to go for food outside our comfort zone. Bibigo proved to be a good choice for healthier food options too! We both ordered Hot stones Bibimbap but customized our ingredients and sauces differently. We can chose between the main ingredients like beef, pork, chicken etc, and the different types of sauces we would like to have to go with our dish. This bibimbap didn't come with an egg, sadly, and the main ingredient was pretty little. But I love the overall taste of it. I would still go back for more... afterall, it really seemed pretty healthy with all the vegetables on my bowl, teehee!


Bibigo
252 North Bridge Road
Raffles City Shopping Centre
#B1-74





Outfit of the day
Dress: Lace & Ebony
Bag: BCBG
Wedges: Love Bonito



xx


2 comments:

  1. Just came across ur blog! Great outfits! May i know where did u get ur necklace from in the last pic? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :) I got it from Forever21 I think. Pretty long ago...

    ReplyDelete