Thursday, February 28, 2013

Chinese New Year 2013

Chinese New Year has got to be my second most favourite holiday of the year! All that non-stop feasting for 15 days (or more!), the receiving of red packets, and of course, buying new clothes and dressing up!!! Hahaha. The last two things are probably the best out of them all, hehe. I made a little more emphasis on dressing up this year because occasions like these give me so much more reason to dress up and look good! 

I do need to apologise for the bad quality of pictures taken with the phone. Especially the low-light ones! Sigh, maybe I should have edited them with a filter before posting them up! 

Day before Chu Xi (Reunion dinner day):




My family had a reunion dinner that's a day before the actual day because it's my aunt's birthday, plus to accomodate everyone, we have to have it before the actual day. Off to Seafood Paradise for dinner!


Relaxed Blouse: Bershka
Pastel Skorts: Upcoming on Lace & Ebony

A lot of people commented on the skorts after I've put it up on my Instagram! Hehe, I'm so glad I brought them in. I really love the cutting as well and it's honestly quite hard to find a decent skater skirt that isn't too short, but since these came with shorts inside, why not! No more embarrassing moments when the wind comes :) Launched a solid color series in the recent collection! Some colors & sizes are still available here: http://www.laceandebony.com/collections/frontpage/products/meister-skorts-red. These are a little different from the one I'm wearing in the picture though!


CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY ONE: 


Belyin Black Contrast Halter Dress (in Red): Lace & Ebony
Bag: Balenciaga

My first manufactured dress, and of course I'll wear it on the first day of Chinese New Year! I love how this fits, seriously. Initially I was a bit worried about the length, a screw up on the factory end, but I've grown to love it! It's quite a save for the working women as well. Thank you all who supported my first dress. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the support, but I hope you do enjoy the dress and post up pictures if you've worn it and hashtag #laceandebony! :)

It was the normal routine of visiting both my maternal and paternal side for the first day. It got... really exciting then the excitement died down pretty fast because I was so exhausted haha! Can't wait to just sit down and zone out. Sadly I'm not very close to my cousins due to age gap, or just simply only meet them once a year. Sigh. I feel like an only child. 

We watched Ah Boys to Men II on the first night as well, as a whole extended family... so its like >12 tickets purchased? Haha! Fun though!


CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY TWO:

Experimented with my makeup that day because of my lavender dress, and this is the result! Hahaha! Like it? :)


Lovely G came over toooo! Thank you for keeping me company even though you were reading your notes so much. Haha. It's still appreciated! :)


Sleepy look + my Tiffany x2Hearts! :P 


My favourite CNY goodie of the year! I think my preferences change every year hahaha! I mean, I love them all, but I seem particularly incline to one goodie every year.


 CHINESE NEW YEAR DAY THREE:

Lace Midi Dress: Primark 

Visiting at G's place with my family :o :o hahaha first time for my family to tag along, but it was an interesting visit and G's parents are ever so kind. So grateful <3 Kudos to my parents for being so brave too, hahaha!

And it was off to my uncle's place for his birthday + my cousin's birthday celebration! Kinda cool to have father and son's birthday on the same day isn't it :P Here's my attempt to take a picture with the cutie pie Bibi! (I always thought his name was Bebe... yknow, like the brand? Haha!)







After sooo many attempts to take the little hyperactive sweetheart, G had to hold him still so he'd stop moving for one second, haha! Cropped G's arm out for a picture on my Instagram wahahaha.


Crazy in love with the lace prints on my dress. Oh how I miss shopping in London...






And... another louhei! We always get it out of the plate + onto everyone's hands hahaha! It's always so messy but everyone has fun lou-ing and saying auspicious phrases! May everyone HUAT AH! :P


Confetti that my youngest cousin was popping and playing with. Pretty colors!


And to end off, a picture with the cutie pie!! :*



No comments:

Post a Comment