Saturday, February 23, 2013

To the Land of Thousand Smiles and back

Hai there! (: 

I'm back with a BKK travelogue!! I know there's some sort of a backlog accumulating with CNY, Valentine's Day, and of course, preview pictures for the next collection (launching next week teehee!). G & I took a quick getaway to the land of a thousand smiles over the weekend before CNY. It was a refreshing getaway that we very badly need because we had to have some time to ourselves. Thank you my lovely travel buddy <3


Us at Changi Airport, before flying off. I was extremely exhausted from the Chinese New Year launches on Lace & Ebony and had so many things to tie up & errands to run before jetsetting off. Goodness. It was so exhausting, but we're still extremely excited :D


Upon reaching BKK, we cabbed to our hotel, Glow Pratunam. It was a fairly new hotel that's pretty close to the main shopping area!


I must say, I was extremely pleased with the cleanliness & decor of the room. After Europe, I honestly come to realise that at least for me, part of the experience also includes having a good shower (user-friendly) and a good bed to have my night's rest. Maybe the accommodations I've stayed at, really marred my experiences :( I love the shower area, and the beds are heavenly. We have difficulties getting up every morning because it's just too awesome to lie in the soft sheets & down pillows. Goshhh, I miss it already :(



Not a very nice view of our vicinity... but who's there for the views?!









The food pictures above are all from Platinum Mall's food court! The food there is really yummy and the prices are cheap to boot! They also have a huge array of desserts and snacks. I only wish I could stomach them all...







Roadside food stalls that smell so good... but after my Barcelona food poisoning scare, I was a little more careful.

Oh, and we specially went to check out Somtom Nua at Siam Square after reading reviews about them! (:






A collage I've also posted on Instagram! Add me if you haven't (littlemissann) (:

We both loved the food at Somtom Nua! The dishes are seemingly simple from the menu, but they taste so flavourful & it's really gooood! Our favourite has got to be the fish & for me, the Fried noodles (not pictured here)! Sorry, I can't quite remember the exact names, but there aren't many dishes on the menu haha! Price wise, it's not very cheap but still very much affordable and everything amounted to about $18 per person for the amount of food we had.





Looks so much like Boo!! The famous dog on the internet!






Our loots from the Big C supermarket. Lots of CNY goodies for both our families. I'm so happy with what I bought cos my parents seem very delighted eating them! Hee. 


After which, we walked over to Siam Paragon to try the much raved Red Velvet Waffles from Anotherhound Cafe. Hahaha bugged G so much to check the place out! Plus, Cinnabon (my favourite since I was a little girl!!) was at Siam Paragon, sooo we just had to head there! :P












We ordered two different waffles to try and just had to do a picture spam on them cos they look so good! Hahaha, G's one was full of chocolatey goodness, while I went for the Red Velvet! The red velvet waffles itself was yummy, but I felt that more could be done to enhance the entire dessert. I might try to customise my own, with toppings & the red velvet waffles the next time I'm there! 









We also headed down to Chinatown to try the street food! 







G's adventurous attempt with a Pig's organ soup! Hahahaha... honestly... I don't really know how to stomach it after watching how they handle the food, and how they wash the dishes. :/ This was one of the outdoor stalls. Don't feel ready to take on food poisoning #2 in 1 month so I gave this a miss. He said it was nice though! We ended up settling a proper dinner at a proper place with indoor seatings haha! 





Bangkok's traffic is... legendary!


It was my dear boy's birthday that day, but... instead of heading to a classy restaurant, I brought him to try Boat noodles! Hahaha. Thank you for not being mad at me for bringing you to such a "cheapo" place to feast!








There are a lot of boat noodle stalls along the same stretch... but we decided to try The Best of Boat Noodles, hahaha. Dishes are served in small portions in small bowls, and we've seen many tables ordering more than 10 bowls at a go! Each bowl was about 10 baht? With an exception for those in the orange bowls that mainly consisted of meatballs, cuttlefish, fish, etc. Those are pricer but they are delicious together with the lethal chilli! Thinking about them really makes me hungry :( :(


Look at what we ate that day!! Hahaha. 






We headed back to Siam Paragon later that day to do a bit more feasting on the food stalls at the basement before our departure. So much good food k. It's non stop eating in the land of smiles. Plus, there was the Four Seasons Duck in Siam Paragon toooo. I nearly died when I saw it but we didn't have enough time to try it :( Please go back with me again G!!! You're my insanely synced food khaki <3 

It's been a while since we've been back to BKK, and so thankful that we can make this trip to BKK together. Thank you for your company (: It definitely is memorable and I can see why so many people are in love with BKK! I felt pampered all round, heehee! Till the next time ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment